Here is a list of Great Pyrenees books and on-line resources, as well as other dog-related reading, recommended for your library. If you own a Great Pyrenees or you intend to bring one into your life there is much to learn here.
1) DogsThat - Creating better lives for dogs and people who love them.
3) It's Yer Choice - Susan Garrett
4) Recallers- Susan Garrett
5) Shaping Success - Susan Garrett
6) Mine - A practical guide to resource guarding in dogs - Jean Donaldson
7) The Complete Great Pyrenees - Strang & Giffin
8) Low Stress Handling and Restraint and Behaviour Modification of Dogs and Cats - Dr. Sophia Yin
8) Mother Knows Best: The Natural Way to Train Your Dog - Carol Benjamin
10) Dog Owners Home Veterinary Handbook - Carlson & Giffin
11) Pyrenean Partners - Bryan Cummins & Patricia Lore
12) Great Pyrenees: A Comprehensive Guide to Owning and Caring for Your Dog - Juliette Cunliffe
13) Livestock Protection Dogs, Selection, Care and Training - Orysia Dawydiak and David Sims
1) For the Love of A Dog - Patricia B. McConnell
2) Marley & Me - John Grogan
3) A Dog Year - Jon Katz
4) The Dogs of Bedlam Farm - Jon Katz
5) Katz on Dogs - Jon Katz
6) The New Work of Dogs - Jon Katz
Have you read a Great Pyrenees Book or other Dog Book that you recommend? Visitors to our site are always in search of new and better information about Great Pyrs. Here's your chance to give your fellow dog lovers a helping hand by recommending a book and providing a short review!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Shasta The Rescue Dog Not rated yet
A charming story about the journey from neglect to a loving home, this dog's eye view is a wonderful tale of love. Shasta's story is one that many people …
Pet Me Safely by Amadeus Not rated yet
This book is authored by Great Pyrenees canine author Amadeus. It is a wonderful picture book that illustrates ways in which people should interact with …
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein Not rated yet
“The Art of Racing in The Rain has everything: love, tragedy, redemption, danger, and--best of all--the canine narrator Enzo. This old soul of a dog has …
Apr 08, 21 08:45 AM
My PYR is two years old, I just rescued him from a bad situation, he is constipated, is this an issue with the breed or an issue specific to this PYR
Apr 05, 21 01:32 PM
What is the lengthy of gestation for a Pyrenese? Today would be 50 days and there's no sign of weight gain or puppies showing/moving. Do these dogs take
Apr 02, 21 08:31 AM
A male Pyrenees showed up at my house & it’s sooo scared & timid. I’ve been feeding & water him every time I see him but he will not let me get close to
Mar 30, 21 08:39 AM
My Pup is 9 months old, and though not a purebred has most of the pyr traits that I am aware of. This is my first pyr though I have always admired them.
Mar 27, 21 08:02 AM
Our Pyrenees is an outside dog and turned one year the end of February. We live out in the country and are not home all day except for weekends. He is
Mar 09, 21 08:00 AM
It will be 80 degrees on Wednesday, and We want to give Happy a bath. We need advice. We have dog shampoo but my he has a lot of fur.
Mar 08, 21 12:43 PM
My pure is 1 year old. Is he likely to stop tearing up anything with foam rubber? Thanks
Mar 04, 21 08:21 AM
I just adopted my Great Pyrenees, Leo, a few days ago. He was kept intact by his last owners and used as a stud. He will be 2 years old in May this year.