Have you read any Great Pyrenees books lately? Are there other dog related books that you would recommend? What websites have you visited lately?
Here is a list of Great Pyrenees books and websites, as well as other dog-related reading, recommended for your library. If you own a Great Pyrenees or you intend to bring one into your life there is much to learn here.
Given some of its unique characteristics, you can never know too much about a Great Pyr, so why not take advantage of the experience of others to accelerate your learning?
Great Pyr books will help you make an informed decision to bring a Great Pyrenees into your life and will definitely increase the enjoyment of your new pet.
These books are invaluable in helping you ensure that your Pyr’s needs are understood and you are equipped to provide all that is essential for this unique and beautiful dog.
Want to pay it forward? Why not send us a review of any of the books on our list, or add new ones that you would recommend. It's a great way to help other Pyr owners.
So toddle off to your library or local bookstore, or click your way to one of the many web-based retailers and begin your collection now. You’ll be glad you did and your Pyr will be happy too.
Books about the Great Pyrenees… the key to fully enjoying your Great Pyr!
1) Free Dog Training Workshop - Susan Garrett
3) It's Yer Choice - Susan Garrett
4) The Complete Great Pyrenees - Strang & Giffin
5) Low Stress Handling and Restraint and Behaviour Modification of Dogs and Cats - Dr. Sophia Yin
6) Mother Knows Best: The Natural Way to Train Your Dog - Carol Benjamin
7) Dog Owners Home Veterinary Handbook - Carlson & Giffin
8) Pyrenean Partners - Bryan Cummins & Patricia Lore
9) Great Pyrenees: A Comprehensive Guide to Owning and Caring for Your Dog - Juliette Cunliffe
10) Livestock Protection Dogs, Selection, Care and Training - Orysia Dawydiak and David Sims
11) Tips On Training And Living With Your Pyr Puppy - Volume I Training Your Pet - Sandra A. Young
Learn more here.
1) For the Love of A Dog - Patricia B. McConnell
2) Marley & Me - John Grogan
3) A Dog Year - Jon Katz
4) The Dogs of Bedlam Farm - Jon Katz
5) Katz on Dogs - Jon Katz
6) The New Work of Dogs - Jon Katz
Have you read a Great Pyrenees Book or other Dog Book that you recommend? Visitors to our site are always in search of new and better information about Great Pyrs. Here's your chance to give your fellow dog lovers a helping hand by recommending a book and providing a short review!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Shasta The Rescue Dog Not rated yet
A charming story about the journey from neglect to a loving home, this dog's eye view is a wonderful tale of love. Shasta's story is one that many people …
Pet Me Safely by Amadeus Not rated yet
This book is authored by Great Pyrenees canine author Amadeus. It is a wonderful picture book that illustrates ways in which people should interact with …
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein Not rated yet
“The Art of Racing in The Rain has everything: love, tragedy, redemption, danger, and--best of all--the canine narrator Enzo. This old soul of a dog has …
Aug 14, 19 12:46 PM
DOB: October 3, 2016 Kane came in with Marley. He is three-years-old and a real sweetheart. He is used to being outdoors but has lived inside. If there
Aug 07, 19 08:15 AM
Lancelot or Lanny is a beautiful 8.5 year old Great Pyrenees neutered male. He is located in Burlington, Ontario. Lanny has a very sweet disposition.
Jul 29, 19 11:19 AM
* COURTESY POSTING * Due to an event in his family, Thunder is in a home temporarily until a new home can be found. This big white fluffy, Thunder, does
Jul 29, 19 07:26 AM
She goes crazy when I put her in a crest biting gate. Pulling with her huge toe nails and really fighting to get out. What do I do to get her to get relaxed
Jul 24, 19 06:57 PM
* NOT YET AVAILABLE * Working Dog DOB:December 12, 2013 (6-years-old) Neutered From his family: Dozer is a black fluffy we acquired as a pup (the only
Jul 19, 19 05:16 AM
*In Foster-to-Adopt* Four-year-old Marley came in with Kane. She has some health issues including epilepsy and allergies. Here is information on epilepsy.
Jul 08, 19 10:26 AM
After my son researched the anatolian/pyrenees mix he approved of my buying a pup for their little family which consists of my son, my daughter in law
Jul 03, 19 08:04 AM
I have a Great Pyrenees by the name Momo and when I give her a bath she would stay clean about 4 days and get right back dirty again.... And it’s summer