Have you read any Great Pyrenees books lately? Are there other dog related books that you would recommend? What websites have you visited lately?
Here is a list of Great Pyrenees books and on-line resources, as well as other dog-related reading, recommended for your library. If you own a Great Pyrenees or you intend to bring one into your life there is much to learn here.
Want to pay it forward? Why not send us a review of any of the books on our list, or add new ones that you would recommend. It's a great way to help other Pyr owners.
1) DogsThat - Creating better lives for dogs and people who love them.
3) It's Yer Choice - Susan Garrett
4) Recallers- Susan Garrett
5) Shaping Success - Susan Garrett
6) The Complete Great Pyrenees - Strang & Giffin
7) Low Stress Handling and Restraint and Behaviour Modification of Dogs and Cats - Dr. Sophia Yin
8) Mother Knows Best: The Natural Way to Train Your Dog - Carol Benjamin
9) Dog Owners Home Veterinary Handbook - Carlson & Giffin
10) Pyrenean Partners - Bryan Cummins & Patricia Lore
11) Great Pyrenees: A Comprehensive Guide to Owning and Caring for Your Dog - Juliette Cunliffe
12) Livestock Protection Dogs, Selection, Care and Training - Orysia Dawydiak and David Sims
1) For the Love of A Dog - Patricia B. McConnell
2) Marley & Me - John Grogan
3) A Dog Year - Jon Katz
4) The Dogs of Bedlam Farm - Jon Katz
5) Katz on Dogs - Jon Katz
6) The New Work of Dogs - Jon Katz
Have you read a Great Pyrenees Book or other Dog Book that you recommend? Visitors to our site are always in search of new and better information about Great Pyrs. Here's your chance to give your fellow dog lovers a helping hand by recommending a book and providing a short review!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Shasta The Rescue Dog Not rated yet
A charming story about the journey from neglect to a loving home, this dog's eye view is a wonderful tale of love. Shasta's story is one that many people …
Pet Me Safely by Amadeus Not rated yet
This book is authored by Great Pyrenees canine author Amadeus. It is a wonderful picture book that illustrates ways in which people should interact with …
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein Not rated yet
“The Art of Racing in The Rain has everything: love, tragedy, redemption, danger, and--best of all--the canine narrator Enzo. This old soul of a dog has …
Jan 14, 21 08:41 AM
My dog on the farm
Jan 07, 21 08:51 AM
We live on a very active, 75 Acre Horse farm. We have 3 Pyreneese that have for the past 5 years always protected out 14 horses and horse boarding barn
Jan 02, 21 04:25 PM
We adopted a 4 year old Great Pyrenees a couple of days ago. She is great! However, this is the second day she will not go outside and we don't know
Dec 29, 20 12:06 PM
I just adopted a puppy that my Great Pyrenees is not taking a liking to...how do I handle the growling and barring of teeth from her to him?
Dec 26, 20 05:45 PM
I have a 6 month old pyre named Bubba bo.I was wondering if he is normal size for his age bo weighs 100 pounds and is really tall.I can't get him to
Dec 20, 20 09:02 AM
My Great Pyrenees woke up this morning vomiting. But it’s only clear but I can tell she doesn’t feel good. She normally is happy and playing in the morning.
Dec 18, 20 06:42 AM
*ADOPTED* This big boy has been officially adopted. Congratulations to Darby and his family! Darby, a year-old Maremma, came to us with some fear issues.
Dec 11, 20 11:34 AM
*ADOPTED* It's official. Congratulations to Sunnie and her new family! They are very smitten with her. She will be watching over two cows, three pigs