Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario
So Much to Share
If you have ever met a Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog you will know they are unforgettable! And without a doubt, a Pyr puppy will steal your heart away! Sometimes referred to as a Great Pyr, this dog’s size is imposing, its movement graceful and its beauty breathtaking. It’s quite common for anyone nearby to stop and ask about this striking dog. This is a big, powerful, willful dog that is unique in many ways. It has special needs that many dog owners or potential dog owners, may not know.
Dedicated to advancing the interests of the breed, the Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario was formed in 1977. Club members work constantly to encourage and maintain the highest standards for the breed. The Club is dedicated to assisting breeders, owners and the general public in furthering their knowledge and appreciation of this magnificent dog.
“So how do we do this?” you ask. There are many ways. The Club promotes and holds Specialty Shows, Boosters, Sanction Matches, Fun Matches and Obedience Trials.
And for more relaxing times, outside of conformation and obedience showing, the Club promotes and encourages social activities with owners and their dogs including picnics, parades and walks. Now, if you think ONE Great Pyr is impressive… imagine seeing a whole pack of them!!!
Unfortunately, not all relationships between Great Pyrenees Mountain Dogs and their human companions work out in a way that we would like. Sometimes circumstances change outside of anyone’s control. Other times the human realizes that the Great Pyr is bigger and hairier and noisier than was anticipated. For any number of reasons, this beautiful dog can find itself in need of a new, loving home.
As a result the Club has established and maintains a Great Pyrenees Rescue Sub-committee, dedicated to the rescue of the Breed and placement of rescue dogs with responsible owners, as-well-as fostering such rescue dogs until suitable homes can be arranged. Of course it is our aim to ensure that anyone interested in sharing his or her life with a Great Pyr, is fully informed and fully aware of the unique realities of the breed.
And what geographical area does the Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario represent? Well it’s more than you may have imagined. The area includes Southern Ontario, South Western Ontario as well as Eastern Ontario.
Here’s your geography lesson for today… The area served by the Club is all of Ontario below the 46th degree of latitude. The 46th degree of latitude extends from the east at the Quebec border near Chalk River and travels west just north of Manitoulin Island to the United States border.
Yes folks, you heard it right here… the Club’s territory extends west to the United States border, east to the Quebec border, north to the 46th degree of latitude and south to the Great Lakes. Okay, the geography lesson is over!
So that’s our story. The Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario is here to help advance the interests of the breed by providing you with trusted resources to ensure that you and your Great Pyr have a happy, long life together.
Join the club and get involved… or simply stay tuned as our site evolves to provide the best possible access to the club and reliable information about the Breed.
The links below provide a brief summary of what you will find on each page of our site. You can use these links or, if you prefer, you can use the Navigation Buttons on the left side of the page.
Either way… Welcome to our site.
- GPCSO Donation Page
- By making a donation of any size, you help the Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario in its work to provide the best care and advice possible regarding Great Pyrenees Mountain Dogs.
- Latest Additions To Our Site
- The Great Pyrenees Club Of Southern Ontario Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Great-Pyrenees-Club-Of-Southern-Ontario.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Welcome to GPCSO - Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario – So Much To Share
- The Executive of the GPCSO, Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario, extends a hearty “Welcome” to members and visitors to our site. Want to learn more? Stop by and stay awhile.
- Join the Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario
- Have you ever thought of joining the Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario? There is no time like the present. You’ll be amazed with how much fun you can have for way less than a dollar a week!
- GPCSO - The Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario Club Events
- Who is GPCSO? The Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario holds or attends many events throughout the year. Check out club activities and the Great Pyrenees photos!
- Members Only Section of GPCSO Web Site
- We respect the privacy of our members. This section provides to club information available to members only.
- Private Rescue Only Section of GPCSO Web
- This is the Private Rescue Only section of the GPCSO Web Site.
- Great Pyrenees Pictures from Members of GPCSO
- Great Pyrenees pictures are a joy to look at if you are a dog lover. Pyrs are some of the most beautiful dogs in the world. Here are pictures of Great Pyrenees provided by members of GPCSO.
- Introduction... The Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog
- Have you ever wondered what it is like to own a Great Pyrenees? Get the facts from the pros about this beautiful dog and the joy and responsibility of ownership.
- Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog Behaviour and Characteristics
- What’s all the fuss about Great Pyrenees Mountain Dogs? What makes this breed so unique? Learn about the dog behaviour and characteristics of this giant dog.
- Own A Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog And Bring Joy To Your Life
- Do you believe that owning a giant breed dog is difficult? Discover the true facts about the joy and benefit of owning a Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog. They are amazing!
- Are These Big Dogs Right For You?
- If you like big dogs, you may be tempted to bring a Great Pyrenees into your family. Do you really know this breed? Here is information you need to know.
- The Great Pyrenees Temperament does NOT Include Aggression
- Great Pyrenees Temperament is confident, gentle, and affectionate. He is protective of his flock or family when necessary, but is generally quiet, patient and tolerant. So why do Great Pyrs become agg
- Great Pyrenees Breed Standard
- Use this official Great Pyrenees Breed Standard, kindly provided by the Canadian Kennel Club as a guide to assist you in selecting your Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs at Work – Another Side of The Great Pyrenees
- Here are real life accounts of the Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog used as livestock guardian dogs in the protection of reforestation workers and shepherds in the interior of British Columbia.
- Great Pyrenees Rescue Provides Wonderful Dogs To Good Homes
- Bring a Great Pyrenees Rescue into your home and share the joy of living with this gentle giant. These rescue dogs will reward you with love and dedication to you and your family
- Foster a Pyr
- If you foster a Pyr you could change your life forever. It does not have to be forever but you will know the joy of saving a beautiful and faithful companion.
- Successful Dog Adoption Is The Goal Of The Great Pyr Rescue Group
- Imagine feeling the joy of giving a good and loving home to a beautiful Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog through the dog adoption program. Join the team and support our Pyr Rescue effort.
- Great Pyrenees Puppies For Sale
- Looking for Great Pyrenees Puppies for Sale? Great Pyrenees Breeders are the recommended choice when you are buying a puppy. Looking for a breeder? You have come to the right place.
- Great Pyrenees Stories by Great Pyr Owners
- Here are amazing Great Pyrenees stories submitted by our visitors. What are Great Pyrs all about? Get the real facts from those who own these amazing dogs. You will be amazed at what you learn.
- Essential Great Pyrenees Books
- This is the “must have” list of essential Great Pyrenees Books for new and prospective owners of Great Pyrenees Mountain Dogs. Helps in selecting, raising and life-long enjoyment of your Pyr.
- Contact Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario
- Contact Great Pyrenees Club of Southern Ontario for Immediate and easy access to all the club offers
- Membership Renewal
- Membership Renewal is the lifeblood of the Club. Please renew your annual Club Membership here.
- Disney’s Santa Buddies: The Legend Of Santa Paws
- Have you seen the Disney movie Santa Buddies? Are you wondering what breed of dog plays the role of Santa Paws? Look no further. We have all of the answers for you right here.
- Promote Your Business On The Web
- Using the web to promote your business is amazingly cost effective when it’s done correctly. It’s more cost effective than Yellow Pages, newspapers, TV or radio. Learn more here.